Friday, November 6, 2009

Trying out the blogging life!

So, here I am, checking out the blogosphere! We'll see how it goes! Most recently, we have had a few exciting things happen to our family...

1. We are homeschooling Katrina. We were having big issues with her teacher, and we tried helping her with how to work with Katrina (because we understand her) and she ignored them. They weren't really giving her any one on one help, which is what she needs, and even occupational therapy became a group thing... In kindergarten aren't kids supposed to love going to school? Not Katrina, she would beg us to let her stay home! :( So, after she came home sobbing, we decided enough was enough! We are homeschooling with the K12 program. All her books just got here yesterday, and I am very excited to start going through them. We have been doing phonics and a little history for the last week because they had pages online we could print!

It's amazing how much she is already learning... I mean, we are learning about the continents for goodness sake! I got her desk all set up and Patty is coming over this weekend to help me organize all of her books! Sam is doing K12 too, so she is a great help!


2. The girls officially have BUNK BEDS!! They aren't just side by side anymore... they are bunked! We take turns every two days, and it seems to be working well. The bottom bunk is called "The Cave" so they think it's pretty awesome!

3. We have a new addition to the family... No, it's not a baby... it's ROCK BAND 2! Wes was so excited! It's actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I am amazing at the drums... until I get to medium and they throw in the bass drum. I can't push the thing with my foot at the same time I'm drumming away. I am apparently not coordinated enough!!

So, I'll end with a picture of the girls from Halloween! They are getting so big!! Katrina was a puppy and Kary was Jessie from Toy Story (her favorite movie!). She had lost her hat for the picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment