Friday, December 18, 2009

The things kids (and husbands) say and do...

Yesterday wasn't a real eventful day here. I did get quite a bit of school done with Kat. Slowly, but surely, we are getting caught up!! The evening came and the girls wanted to watch t.v. Katrina really wanted to watch Between the Lions... We are on a big kick of the PBS shows. They are really great about teaching letters and letter sounds. Kary is even recognizing letters and their sounds now! And, they are helpful for Kat, because she doesn't really know her letters. I want to buy one of those Word Whammer things.. They look really cool!

This was our conversation:
Kat: "Can we please watch Between the Lions?"
Me: "No, we already watched plenty of t.v. today."
Kat: "Don't you want me to learn, mom?" (Can we say sassy!)
Me: "We've already learned a bunch today, and I want you to use your imagination, so go play in your bedroom."
Kat: "Fine..." then she walks down the hall and says, "I'm going to use my imagination to kick my mom's butt.." First... she knows she is not allowed to say butt or talk about hurting people.
Me: "If you are going to talk like that, you're going to get a spanking."
Kat: "Okay, mom, how about you use your imagination to do that."

Awesome. Awesome, child. ERG! Little beast! :) I tried not to laugh. I thought it was pretty clever... Haha!

Then, we ran an errand and the kids ran in the house. Before I even make it inside, Kary starts screaming. She had put her thumb in my can of soda, and it got stuck! Then, the tab pulled up, so it was really stuck! She actually cut her thumb open on a can of soda! I know it's sharp, and knew you could get cut, I just don't think I've ever seen somebody do it! Crazy child! :)

Wes got home from work and was getting something out of the fridge, when all of a sudden, there was a huge bang and thud and him yelling. He shut the fridge door into his foot. I laughed, because I thought he was just being dramatic. I felt bad when he took off his shoes to show me. His big toe was bleeding like no other! About half way down the toenail, it was bent, so that was all just filled with blood. GROSS! I bandaged him all up, but his toe hurt really bad still! We will have to see what it looks like when he wakes up!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! I can't believe Kat said all that! How funny is that. Seriously kids come up with the funniest things. THanks for sharing this! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete